Tuesday 24 April 2012

The singular point of existence


Life is experienced by the individual’s singular point of existence; we interact and experience life though our senses which consumes our viewpoint and expands this into a realistic world that is rich in dimensions and in amazing interactive complexity far beyond our grasp.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

Let us start with a basic idea. If I experience movement, is the universe standing still and is it only me that is moving or do I stand motionless and experience movement as my senses experience change? We seem to be able to brush away the idea that the whole universe is changing around because it seem like a very far stretch. This conclusion is based on a firm believe that everything we see is just that and nothing more, but what if the opposite concept is more likely? This is almost unthinkable and can easily shake us if we don’t approach it carefully.

Watching a movie like Avatar gives us a very realistic ability to experience a different reality, here we seem to easily grasp and differentiate realities. Most probably because it is easier to believe that it is an illusion than it being a true life event of someone actually filming on another planet. Using the same logic is it not easier to believe that through our senses we exist in this singular point versus the current approach where we believe that there is a vast universe where the totality of each of our existences and experiences is not even measurable.

How do we prove something is real? In society we continuously do this by sharing awareness, I can see you can see that and that gives me the confidence to believe that it is there. This is a good method for validating facts, by combining input from two or more sources. The real twist comes in as one needs to be able to experience something from more than one point (We have senses but the experience comes from a singular point) which we are unable to do, there is no way of proving or disproving that any other point/s is not just part of the illusion. It might even be a illusion shared by many individual points interacting in a shared conciousness. Eitherway this reality is to specific in design and definition to be somthing that just exists, it definitivly speaks of enteligent design and some ever present force that keep it all together.

This type of thinking can be very dangerous as people can lose themselves in the midst of this sea of loneliness, complete indefiniteness and seeing everything through a general relativity viewpoint. The biggest danger I think is that people use this base idea as excuse to say that nothing can be proven or disproven, that there are no absolutes and no right or wrong. It does challenge our viewpoints if we start to question the foundations of existance and rules that we abide by without any second thought especially certain topics such as death, life, religion, etc. as we are less restricted by our definition of reality.

I believe that there is a greater architecture of life that we cannot understand or fully experience in our current reality/state as living entities using only our senses to interact and exist. I believe that actions have consequence and that the current reality (even if I might be experiencing it differently as to what it might really be) has a specific purpose and reason for existence as do we. I believe that keeping this theory in mind allows me to broaden my ability to understand abstract concepts around me and that I should not use it as an excuse to do whatever I want. Furthermore I believe that the Creator of this reality will keep us accountable for our decisions but that this is not the motivation behind its existence. This should motivate us to find our individual purpose for existence.

I do feel that we sometimes get the opportunity to glimpse into something deeper than ourselves, and our current understanding, and that we should embrace these moments and treasure them.

*Although I have given my opinion above without any context to a specific religion I must state that this ideas aligns to my Christian beliefs and my journey of trying to understand life, I however hope that the concept challenges everyone to revisit their standard way of thinking in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment